On November 7, 2015, Pantene will join in celebrating National Donate Your Hair Day – an annual day of giving, encouraging Canadians to cut and donate their hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Donations to the program go towards the creation of real-hair wigs which are available at no cost through the Canadian Cancer Society to women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments.
Are You Interested In Donating? Here's what you need to know:
- Clean, shampoo, and/or condition hair, without any styling, hairspray, or additional hair products
- Gather hair at the nape of the neck
- Create a ponytail with an elastic band
- Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair
- Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips, making sure it's at least 8 inches long
- Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together
- Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly
- Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and send to:
806 SE 18th Ave.
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
- If you would like to know when your donation is received, please include your full name and return address with your hair donation
To find out more, please join us for a twitter party on November 2 at 8pm (ET), and use the hashtag #BeautifulLengths.
Thank you for reading and helping make a difference in the life of a woman living with a cancer diagnosis and treatment.