Empowering guys to boast about their cleaning swagger
& Using the right tools (like Swiffer) to get the job done right
Now, my husband is joining Toronto Raptor Amir Johnson in the Man Clean movement.
Amir Johnson is the fabulous Swiffer Ambassador, who took Toronto by storm on September 16th, making the media rounds. I caught him on The Social and though he did an awesome job on his segment, maybe you saw him on tv or heard him on the radio, too?
Amir Johnson's Top Five Tips For the Perfect Man Clean
1. Set the Mood: Sometimes cleaning can be a little overwhelming. Amir's advice is to decide which room you want to clean. Scope out the scene and then put on your favourite tunes to get you pumped up.
2. Make a Realistic Plan: Guys love having a plan of attack. Figure out what you are going to clean and make sure you give yourself enough time to tackle the job. Cutting corners only means that the job isn't done right and it will take you even longer next time. Stay focused, check items off your list and finish the job the right way.
3. Pick up Your Stuff: A clean home is just as much about organization, as it is Swiffering and dusting. You can't get a legit clean with stuff all over the place. Every item has it's place - put it away, don't just clean around it.
4. Use the Right Tools: Swiffer is a man's secret tool for getting a great Man Clean. The Swiffer WetJet is the all-in-one mopping solution that traps and locks dirt so it doesn't get pushed around. The Swiffer duster traps and locks up to three times more dust than feather dusters. And, don't forget to pick up things and dust under them.
5. Reward Yourself: When you are finished cleaning, visit www.showyourclean.ca to boast about your Man Clean and join the movement.
We agree 100% with Amir's cleaning tips!
My very own Man Clean(er) has a couple of tips of his own to add to the list. My hubby recommends doing a deep clean in the kitchen at least twice a year. He pulls out the stove and fridge in the Spring and Fall of the year and does a deep clean in behind. It's pretty surprising what one finds back there. Teach and involve children in cleaning chores around the house (especially the boys, so they grow up helping). Even young children can help, start them out dusting with a Swiffer duster (no chemicals involved) and work up from there. My son absolutely loves our Swiffer Bissell Mop.
There's an awesome contest to enter over at Show Your Clean that you won't want to miss! Enter to win a trip to Toronto for you and nine of your friends to visit the Air Canada Center in Toronto to play a private basketball game where the Raptors play!!
Proudly, I have a giveaway to share too. Enter to win everything you need to get your #ManClean on! (Canada, value $78) *prices are at the discretion of individual retailers.*
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own. Please understand that by entering this giveaway your information will be shared with a PR agency in charge of prize fulfillment should you be a winner. Opinions expressed are mine, yours may differ. Remember that you may enter at multiple blogs, but only win once. Good Luck!