Don't get me wrong - who doesn't love Georgian Bay (white)fish and chips?? Yet, grabbing fish and chips or some other take out food at dinner does become tiring after a day or two. Plus, I like to know what I am feeding to my family offers good nutrition.
Over the years, I've found that being prepared with key and staple ingredients on hand are all that is needed to get dinner on the table in no time flat. But, how about in 15 minutes?
Challenge: Get Dinner on the Table in 15 Minutes
Schneiders Old Fashioned Ham Steaks were my base to begin this 15 minute meal challenge. I often have Schneiders half hams or ham steaks in my refrigerator, as the whole family enjoys a ham dinner. This time, I used two ham steaks as my main ingredient for my recipe.
Ham and Swiss Cheese Dinner Muffins
- two ham steaks chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups of prepared baking mix (found in the grocery store baking aisle)
- 2 cups of shredded swiss cheese + more if you wish to sprinkle some over the tops
- 3/4 cup of milk
- preheat over to 425F
- mix all your ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated
- grease 12 muffin tins
- drop by heaping tablespoons into the muffin tins
- sprinkle with extra swiss cheese over the tops of your muffins
- pop into the oven for 10 to 13 minutes depending on your oven temperature
- remove muffins and serve
Cooking Time: 10 to 13 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Please visit my facebook page, where I've posted more pictures of this recipe in progress.
To be honest, this recipe is one of the very first recipes which I ever made. It is adapted for ease and staying within the 15 minute time frame, but it is basically the same recipe which I first made at a 4-H group meeting decades ago. This time, I used a convenient baking mix and pre-shredded cheese to keep under the time constraints.
Find other 15 minute meal ideas using ham at Appehtite, and follow Schneiders on facebook to keep up-to-date and to be social with Schneiders. And, please stay tuned for more 15 minute recipe inspiration coming up soon, right here on the blog.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Maple Leaf Foods Connects program. As part of my participation, I have been compensated monetarily, however, all opinions and ideas shared on this blog remain my own.