Who are your hometown sweethearts?
Check out some of the hometown sweethearts and heroes across the country, who are also P&G sponsored athletes:
- A second consecutive gold medal for Kaillie Humphries in the two-woman bobsleigh as she came from behind to defend her title
- Gold medal for the Canadian men’s hockey team as they beat Sweden in the final 3-0, their third gold in the last four Winter Olympic Games
- Gold medal for the women’s hockey team following a hard fought victory over the U.S., earning their fourth straight gold at The Winter Olympic Games
- A gold medal in the men’s 1500m for short track speed skater, Charles Hamelin
- Two silver medals for Canada’s ice dancing duo, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir – one in the figure skating team competition and the other in ice dance
- The debut of freestyle skiing halfpipe at The Winter Olympics, a sport that Canadian Rosalind Groenewoud competed in only two months after double knee surgery
Our Hometown Heroes and Sweethearts
Shortly after their return from Sochi, Scott Moir took a day out of his schedule and visited Oxbow Public School in Ilderton.
He spent the whole day speaking to and meeting with students from all grades. The most exciting part - my little five year old niece just moved to Ilderton after Christmas and is now is a student at Oxbow. In her short time at the school she has gone absolutely figure skating crazy and talks all the time about Scott and Tessa. She even phoned me after school on the day which Scott visited and told me all about it.
I am super impressed with Scott Moir! He is a true hero for taking the time to speak with every student and inspire them, even at their young age to reach for the stars.
Scott Moir epitomizes what it means to be a true champion!
Don't forget that the Paralympic Games are ongoing until March 16th. We have lots of amazing individuals competing in Sochi right now that need our support.
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities.