Pure Via™ is a naturally sourced sweetener made from the pure, sweet extract of the stevia plant. It’s a great tasting, zero calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners. Use Pure Via™ just like sugar to add natural sweetness to hot or cold beverages sprinkle on your favorite fruits or any other recipes you wish.
My husband is now seeing a dietician. He works shift work and he is now in his mid-forties. Over two decades of working rotating shifts has taken a tole on his health and well being. Our doctor has warned my husband to get control of his health or he may be facing serious issues within two to three years. It's scary, but, luckily we have lots of resources to help us figure out what he needs to do to make himself healthier.
The dietician first explained that his weight gain is not because he is eating too much - he is actually not eating enough. He needs to take the time to eat regular meals no matter what shift he is on, as well as take breaks to have something to eat while he is at work. We are going to concentrate on eating clean and not eating processed foods.
And, just like a sign, I received some information and product from Pure Via Stevia and some inspiration to change our sugar and sweetener habits.
The Sweet Facts
- It has zero calories
- Pure Via is naturally sourced
- The pure extract of the stevia plant is the secret to Pure Via. It’s called Reb A and is the sweetest and best part of the Stevia plant
- Great tasting Pure Via is perfectly crafted to sweeten coffee, tea, fruits or cereals
- 1 Pure Via sachet sweetens like 2 teaspoons of sugar
- No added colours or preservatives
- It’s Certified Kosher
- Pure Via is suitable for Diabetics and gluten intolerance
Get Cooking with Pure Via Stevia Zero Calorie Sweetener
Makes: 12 muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
20 packets Pure Via® sweetener
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Quick or Old Fashioned Oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt , orange peel and Pure Via® sweetener in a large bowl. Stir in buttermilk, oil and eggs; mix until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with oats, if desired. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool one minute; remove from muffin cups.
Canadians enter to win a $50 gift basket to encourage you to make changes in your life. It's new to Canada - be one of the first to give it a try!
Enter to win a Pure Via Stevia Zero Calorie Sweetener Gift Pack ($50 value)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample. Opinions expressed are mine, yours may differ.