Just yesterday, as I was laid up in bed with the flu, my dear neighbour brought a tin of holiday fudge and bark to my door. Just the care and consideration made me perk up. Sharing some kitchen love is a wonderful way to spread holiday cheer.
Chex Holiday Mix (gluten free)
What you need to make this festive mix ~
- 4.5 cups of Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 4.5 cups of Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cup of cashews or peanuts
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds
How to make the mix ~
In a large microwave safe bowl mix together the cereal and nuts
In a 2 cup microwave safe measuring cup, mix brown sugar, butter and honey on high about 1.5 minutes until the mixture comes to a boil. Stir the butter mixture over the cereal and stir to coat.
Microwave uncovered for four minutes on high, stirring every minute.
Stir in cranberries and sesame seeds. Microwave an additional three minutes, stirring every minute.
Spread on waxed paper to cool, then store in an airtight container.
|Look for recipes on Chex cereal boxes|
|Brown sugar, butter and honey mixture prepared in the microwave, poured over the cereal mixture|
|Mixed and oven ready|
|Package in festive bags or containers for giving|
Enjoy Chex Mix this Holiday
Find this recipe and other Chex Mix Recipes at www.chexcanada.com. There are many to chose from, and sure to suit every taste and preference.
Life Made Delicious on Facebook
- For the first half of December (Dec. 3-15) Pillsbury took over the Facebook page with the ‘12 days of Holiday Cookie Ideas’!
- For the second half of December (17-31) Betty Crocker will be taking over the LMD Facebook page. Be sure to check out what “our little secret helper” for the holidays is up to, and if she’s got any tricks up her apron to help us all out this season.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.