The giveaway has wrapped up and we have a winner to congratulate - Marlibu.
Hope you love trying out new Astro Greek Yogourt, as much as we have!
Maybe Marlibu will love it in delicious @AstroYogourt parfaits, like we do!? We just add our favourite fruit or granola and suddenly we have an elegant dessert, great for the kids or company.
Our Astro Greek Yogourt tends to disappear pretty quickly in our home, but don't forget there are loads of recipe ideas to be found. We have plans to try some of the smoothie recipes. Or, how does Greek Yogourt Tiramisu sound?
Greek Yogourt Tiramisu Recipe
|¾ cup||boiling water|
|5 tbsp||coffee liqueur|
|6 tbsp||instant espresso powder|
|1/3 cup||granulated sugar, divided|
|7 cup||whipping cream|
|8 tub||Astro Original Plain Greek yogourt||(500 g)|
|20||giant ladyfingers||(two 150 g pkgs)|
|1oz||bittersweet chocolate||(30 g)|
- In a bowl, stir together boiling water, coffee liqueur, espresso powder and 1 tbsp of the sugar until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- In another bowl, whip cream; set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, use an electric mixer to beat egg yolks with remaining sugar until pale and thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fold cream into egg mixture alternating with yogourt until smooth, making 3 additions of cream and 2 of yogourt. Set aside.
- One at a time, dip half of the ladyfingers into coffee mixture; fit snugly into 8-inch (2-L)-square baking dish to cover bottom. Spread half of the yogourt mixture overtop. Repeat dipping and arranging remaining ladyfingers in opposite direction of first layer. Top with remaining yogourt mixture. Grate chocolate overtop.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or for up to 24 hours before serving.
Additional NotesThe Greek yogourt is a lighter and delicious tart substitution for the mascarpone in this easy tiramisu.
Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway. I see that many of you are already big fans of Astro Greek Yogourt, and shared your favourite way of enjoying yogourt - I can't wait to try some of your ideas.
One taste and you will understand why #AstroGreekYogourt was named the best new yogourt product of 2012.
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample for my review. Opinions expressed are mine, yours may differ.